Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hokkaido, Japan

Finally after 4 days i have managed to connect to the internet. Actually this current hotel that i am staying in, Sapporo Grand Hotel, has free internet access and i am already staying here since last night but because i have no idea how to connect the cable, so i did not access to the internet until today when i asked Ronnie (uncle Albert's son) to help me with the connection since he is a pro in this area. lol. he is damn awesome. i took like more than 45 minutes to connect but failed and he didnt even take more than 45 secs. omg.

Over in Hokkaido is always so damn cold. all the time it is always like minus 10 to 12 degrees or sometimes even lower. For the past 4 days, I have experienced probably like 7 times of snowing. Like REALLY SNOWING. Surprisingly, when it snows it is not as cold as when it doesnt. Trust me, the first thing you have in mind is that, you pray that the wind dont blow. if it does, your cheeks and nose would probably be frozen. My fingers and toes are, most of the times, numb and cold. At times like this, i wish i was in Singapore, but after seeing the beautiful scenery, I dont wanna go back anymore. LOL. but oh well, I'm coming back on the 16th. that's sad.

These time round, the experience i have is very much different from the one i had last year. Because it is nearing to valentine, there are more activites and more events to enjoy. there are like chocolates everywhere, which is damn freaking awesome, and also many cute ice scultures. omg, these sculptures are really damn amazing. you can view the photos on my fb. damn fantastic. the food here is superb. although their miso is not as delicious as the ones i had in the other part of hokkaido, but the ramen and everything else is even more awesome. omg. i think i have put on weight ever since i arrived here. i cant stop eating. chocolates, cakes, ramen, rice, miso, biscuits and tidbits. damn, i love the hot cocoa here from the vending machine.

Also, there are so many interesting and funny moments when my dad and uncle albert (the old man) having a conversation. just like when we were in Nepal, they are a comedy pair. They really made my day. lol. also, my dad slipped and fell in a slow motion when we went to the sulphur valley. it was so funny that i couldnt stop laughing for like 10 minutes. and uncle albert was in front of my dad and he was afriad that my dad would domino him. lol. was damn freaking funny since i was at the back and saw the entire view. also, there is this cute and adorable baby, kai xuan, which is very tempremental but really cute. she only knows how to say "nooo" and "scareeee" hahaha....super cute. i would have kidnap her and yi kai (the one who went with us to Nepal) anyway, she is only 18 months old.

We bought food, musical box (my mum bought it for me as a present), cups and chopsticks. the cups here are really amazingly nice. i couldnt help it and bought 3 cups. one for myself, my mum and dad. awesome bo! awesome right! but i bought 4 pairs of chopsticks, 2 of them are mine :) anyway it's my dad's money....hahahahah....

There are no handsome guys here but more old peh pehs. hotspring is wonderful and i even went to the open air public bath. so i was dipping myself in the hotsprings with snow moutains as my surrounding. cold air and hot water, best combination ever. it is really what we always say as "enjoying life" the open air bath is really a whole new world of experience.

Well, there's not much shopping but more of sight-seeing and that's more than enough. i really love it here although it is cold, but it is damn awesome.

I am leaving to Tokyo tomorrow and I will only reach Singapore on the 16th at 1230 MIDNIGHT! OMFG, that's late. actually it shouldnt be considered as 16th but 17th instead since it already pass 12 midnight but oh well it doesnt matter. i am looking forward to shabu on the 17th with my besties!!! STEFFI I AM COMING HOME SOON! wait for me!

anyway, got to pack my stuff le..super busy and tired.

TO ALL MY FRIENDS OUT THERE, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!

love you guys :)

siewmei, i bet u miss me right..lol :)

No comments: